Bachelor in Business, Economics and Data Science
NHH's international bachelor's programme provides a solid foundation for a business education with an extra emphasis on data science and technology.
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN?
Through the three-year programme you will gain a thorough understanding of how to combine insights from data analytics and economic principles in order to create sustainable value for firms and organisations.
The programme covers all the major areas of business administration, economics, finance, accounting and auditing, and strategy, but with a particular focus on technology and its application in the business world and beyond.
Thus, the core of the programme is courses within
- Advanced Mathematics
- Applied Statistics
- Data Science
- Programming and Application Design
- Automation and Artificial Intelligence
Ethics and sustainability are integral to all NHH's study programmes, as is training in practical communication skills.
The Bachelor in Business, Economics and Data Science will be offered from the autumn semester 2024 and is taught in English.
The programme focuses on one over-arching topic per semester.
- Semester 1: The firm and the role of technology in business
- Semester 2: Using information technology for capturing and satisfying customers and users
- Semester 3: Management and technological change
- Semester 4: Academic exchange, electives or internships*
- Semester 5: Markets and business analytics
- Semester 6: Data-driven decisions for sustainable value creation.
* Internship alternatives are currently being piloted. More detailed information will follow.
In each semester the student will be exposed to a variety of topics and learning activities. The activities are organised as a set of semi-continuous thematic tracks, that indicate a topical commonality and learning progression across the six semesters.
Each topic consists of a various number of courses. All courses in a semester address key questions connected to the over-arching topic for that specific semester.
Technology components are integrated with learning activities and assessments in all thematic tracks throughout the semesters.
Read more about the topics
Read more about the topics
BUSINESS DECISIONS (BUD)
Courses building competence in structuring and analysing information from accounts, markets and other relevant data sources to make good decisions.
- BUD1 Introduction to Business Administration
- BUD2 Financial Accounting – the Language of Business
- BUD3 Finance 1: Financial Management
- BUD4 Finance 2: Financial Markets
COMMUNICATING BUSINESS (COM)
Courses addressing challenges of communication; with other students, experts, and customers.
- COM1 Communicating Business and Technology
- COM2 Personal and Professional Development
- COM3 Internship Report
ECONOMIC BEHAVIOUR AND ORGANIZATION (EBO)
Courses investigating and modelling individuals and firms’ behaviour in the economic sphere.
- EBO1 Micro 1 – Economic Behaviour
- EBO2 Micro 2 – Incentives and Organization
- EBO3 Competition Strategy and Pricing
- EBO4 Macroeconomic Analysis in the Global Economy
MANAGING BUSINESS (MAB)
Courses investigating how the firm can manage and develop its product and employees.
- MAB1 Consumer Behaviour
- MAB2 Marketing Communication
- MAB3 Technology Management
- MAB4 Strategy, Organization and Innovation
THE FIRM IN THE SOCIETY (SOC)
Courses taking a broader perspective, addressing the many dilemmas and opportunities that technological development has and will create.
- SOC1 Technology, Society and the Firm
- SOC2 Sustainable Value Creation
THE TECHNOLOGY OF BSC IN BUSINESS, ECONOMICS AND DATA SCIENCE (TECH)
Courses gradually building students competence in using data and programming to solve complex statistical and numerical business problems.
- TECH1 Mathematics
- TECH2 Introduction to Programming, Data, and Information Technology
- TECH3 Applied Statistics
- TECH4 Mathematics for Decisions
- TECH5 Programming and Application Design
- TECH6 Data Science and Econometrics
All course descriptions will be available from the autumn of 2023.
Once you have completed the three-year bachelor's degree, you are guaranteed admission to the two-year Master's Programme in Economics and Business Administration or the Master's Programme in Accounting and Auditing. (Please note that the latter programme has Norwegian language requirements).
You are also well qualified for master's studies abroad, or you can choose to end your studies with a bachelor's degree.
NO TUITION FEES FOR EU/EEA/SWISS citizens
NHH is a publicly funded university and charges no application or tuition fees. This applies to Norwegian and EU/EEA/Swiss citizens.
NHH is a Triple Crown accredited business school and among the best ranked institutions in Europe.
Our graduates are highly sought-after by potential employers. Surveys show that our graduates quickly find relevant well-paid jobs. The majority of NHH's master students receive a job offer before graduating.
A degree from NHH gives you a comprehensive education that qualifies for a wide range of jobs, regardless of which of our programmes you choose.
As an NHH student, you have excellent opportunities to gain international experience through exchange programmes and internships both at bachelor's and master's level. More than 50 per cent of students make use of exchange opportunities. This makes NHH the Norwegian exchange champions!
The NHH experience is not limited to the classrooms and study halls. Engaging in student activities, will provide you with new friends and possibilities to develop your teamwork and leadership skills.