MBA in Seafood Management
The Executive MBA in Seafood Management is designed for people working in the seafood industry or related industries, where the need for sustainable innovation is increasingly important to succeed in a highly competitive and international environment.
The program aims at preparing professionals for senior management positions in the seafood industry and related sectors by providing in-depth knowledge and expertise across key areas such as economics, strategy, management, marketing, finance, and accounting.
The program augments this broad, general curriculum with a strong focus on the seafood industry, its challenges and opportunities. Innovation, sustainability and a global perspective are therefore main themes throughout the programe. The program provides breadth and depth through course work that is topical, relevant, and tailored to address the critical issues of the seafood industry today and in the future.
Close and personal guidance
To ensure consistency and quality of the study, a dedicated Program Director will follow the participants from the very beginning until the end of the program. The Program Director is a faculty member with a high level of documented expertise.
Build a network
You will meet participants from a range of different backgrounds, from private companies, to non-profit organisations, and public administration. What they have in common is a strong interest in the seafood industry, and together they bring invaluable industry experience to the classroom. The goal is to provide relevant competence at a high and appropriate academic level, allowing participants to relate general MBA topics to the seafood context, and to build a network for learning and further development outside the classroom sessions.
The participants will develop new knowledge, gain skills and increase the general competence that is required to lead the seafood industry into a more sustainable future with innovative ideas across the entire value chain.
The program primarily targets professionals working in or wishing to work in the seafood industry or related industries. This includes suppliers of goods, services and technologies to the seafood industry, R&D, sales and marketing, banking and consulting, and many other industries where the need for strong business and management skills are increasingly important to succeed in a world that is becoming increasingly global and competitive. The program is suitable for both top and mid-level managers of all types of firms and organizations as well as specialists. The program will also benefit professionals who wish to gain a deeper understanding of the challenges and opportunities of the seafood industry, such as professionals working in public administration or in trade and industry organizations.
The program consists of four modules of five days, each of which focuses on different subjects:
- Module 1: The seafood industry in a global context: Economics, markets and sustainable resource management - location: NHH Bergen
- Module 2: Strategic analysis and sustainable business models; finance and accounting - location: Americas/Europe
- Module 3: Leadership and international management - location: Asia
- Module 4: Marketing and innovation - location: NHH Bergen
About the programme
- ECTS Credits
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- The next program starts in September 2020. There will be a voluntary kick off meeting in Bergen that will be recorded and streamed for those not able to attend. In the case of a ban on travelling due to the coronavirus outbreak, the first module meeting will be available online
- Two-year, part-time program
- We process applications on a rolling basis until the class is full.
- The program is taught entirely in English
- Flipped classroom approach – the program utilizes the great opportunities of e-learning, allowing participants from all over the world to study training materials and interact over the internet, while the four physical meetings focus on active dialogue and class discussions
- 32 participants per class
- Program tuition: NOK 345,000 (NOK 86,250 per term)