THREE PROFESSOR PROMOTIONS
Sissel Jensen at the Department of Economics has been promoted to full professor at NHH. Ivar Kolstad at the Department of Accounting, Auditing and Law and Walter Pohl at the Department of Finance have also been promoted from associate professor to professor this spring.
Sissel Jensen, Department of Economics
Ivar Kolstad, Department of Accounting, Auditing and Law
Walter Pohl, Department of Finance
Sissel Jensen has been Associate Professor at the Department of Economics since 2010. She is an affiliated researcher at The Norwegian Centre of Excellence FAIR and CBE. Her fields of expertise include labour economics, focusing on gender differences in careers and salary, and industrial organisation. Jensen finished her PhD thesis, Pricing of Telecommunications Services under the Presence of Asymmetric Information, at NHH in 2001.
Three of av Jensen´s paper:
- Breaking the Glass Ceiling? The Effect of Board Quotas on Female Labour Market Outcomes in Norway (with Marianne Bertrand, Sandra E Black and Adriana Lleras-Muney). In Review of Economic Studies
- The role of parenthood on the gender gap among top earners (with Aline Buetikofer and Kjell Gunnar Salvanes). In European Economic Review
- Fine Schedule with heterogenous cartels: Are the wrong cartels deterred? (with Lars Sørgard). In Journal of Competition Law & Economics
Walter Pohl has been Associate Professor at the Department of Finance since 2017 and Associate Professor at the University of Groningen. Pohl has a PhD in Finance from University of Texas at Dallas. He was a postdoctoral fellow at the University in Zurich from 2009 to 2016. His fields of expertise include finance, asset pricing and machine learning.
Three of Pohl´s papers:
- Asset prices with non-permanent shocks to consumption (with Karl Schmedders and Ole Wilms). In Journal of Economic Dynamics & Control
- Optimal and Naive Diversification in Currency Markets (with Fabian Ackermann and Karl Schmedders). In Management Science
- Higher Order Effects in Asset Pricing Models with Long-Run Risks (with Karl Schmedders and Ole Wilms). In Journal of Finance
Ivar Kolstad has been Associate Professor at the Department of Accounting, Auditing and Law since 2019. His fields of expertise include business ethics, political economy and development economics. Kolstad is Associated Research Professor at Chr. Michelsen Institute. He was a Research Director at Chr. Michelsen (2010‐2013). Professor Kolstad got his PhD from the Norwegian School of Economics in 2003 (Essays on Evolutionary Game Theory). He holds a MSc from NHH.
Three of Kolstad´s papers:
- Multinational corporations and host country institutions: A case study of CSR activities in Angola (with A. Wiig). In International Business Review
- Why firms should not always maximize profits. In Journal of Business Ethics
- How does information about elite tax evasion affect political participation: Experimental evidence from Tanzania. In Journal of Development Studies