NHH's innovation program for master students
The Innovation School is a program for students who are curious about innovation. The program combines a modern academic study program with a study trip and an internship in Germany. The partner portfolio consists of companies from a wide range of industries. It includes start-ups, venture capitalists, hidden champions from the “Mittelstand”, but also large companies with well-known brands.
Application deadline: 25 October
The program educates students on how to facilitate innovation within an organization. That starts with the process of idea generation, extends to questions of organizing and financing innovation, and ends with different ways of profiting from it. The teaching portfolio is further strengthened with workshops developing soft skills, focusing on career and personal and professional development.
The mandatory internship and teaching modules in Germany will take place end of June until the end of August.
You must be a student from NHH. We recommend to participating in the Innovation School during the first year of your master`s degree.
If you are a master student:
- You are eligible to apply if you are in the first, second or third semester of your master’s degree at the time of application and have normal study progression.
If you are a bachelor student:
- You are eligible to apply if you are a bachelor’s student in your last semester, remain with a maximum of 30 ECTS, and have applied to start your master’s degree in January
You must be fluent in English, both oral and written.
You need to be motivated and possess the appropriate qualities and attitudes.
German language skills are not required, but a plus.
The Innovation School is a programme that complements the Gründerskolen programme. Gründerskolen focuses on entrepeneurship. Students can apply to both programmes but can only accept one.
- The online application will open 1 October.
- The application deadline is 15 October.
- We will notify you about the outcome 22 November and you must reply to our offer also by 28 November.
- There are 30 places available.
Your application will be assessed by the Section for Admissions. Applicants are evaluated and ranked based on a combination of academic strength, motivation and personal skills, and experience. Relevant work experience is a plus.
Submit yor application:
- Go to Søknadsweb
- Choose "Innovation School"
- Make sure to upload only the documents outlined under “Documentation requirements”: CV, motivation letter, and if applicable, academic records.
- All files must be uploaded in pdf-format. Other documentation will not be taken into consideration
- CV in English
- Please include work and volunteer experience, appointments (Norwegian: verv), international experience and language skills
- Motivation letter in English, maximum two pages. The motivation letter must contain answer to all of the following questions:
- How did you learn about the programme and what do you know about it?
- What made you want to apply to this particular program?
- If you are selected, what will your expectations be?
- How do you envision that you will make use of what you learn in your future career?
- Why should we choose you to participate? What will you contribute, and how?
- Drawing upon your experience from school, work or a spare time activity, please describe a situation where you had to solve a challenging task. Elaborate as briefly and as specifically as possible. What was the goal? How did you approach the task? What were your considerations? What was the outcome?
- Academic records, depending on the below:
- If you completed your bachelor’s degree at NHH or at another Norwegian university (excluding BI), we have access to your results in our system. You do not have to upload your academic records.
- If you completed your bachelor’s degree at BI or abroad, we do not have access to your results. You must upload a signed and stamped, or electronically signed, copy of your bachelor’s diploma and grades transcript.
Internships placement process
Internships placement process
The matching of Innovation School participants and the internship opportunities take place as a direct part of the teaching modules during the spring term.
Information regarding how the Innovation School will be integrated into your master degree. Please note that the information on this topic may differ for Norwegian and international students.
Innovation School is taught at NHH, Goethe University and the Technical University of Munich. All credits taken in the Innovation School are granted by NHH and will be incorporated as part of your master degree. The Innovation School credits are graded.
Students taking the New Business Development major have the option to integrate the Innovation School as part of their major profile. Students cannot combine a major in NBD with the Innovation School as their minor.
Accommodation: Students are required to organize accommodation themselves.
Additional costs: Travels (within, to and from Germany), general living expenses, accomodation, insurance.
The Innovation School yearly applies for approval of the from the Norwegian State Educational Loan Fund (Lånekassen). If granted, Norwegian students are eligible for funding. In 2021 the Innovation School was approved by the Norwegian State Educational Loan Fund and students were eligible for financial support.
International student are usually not eligible for loans and scholarships from the Norwegian State Educational Loan Fund.
Students will also be eligible to Erasmus+ funding.
Want to know more?
Want to know more?
For questions, please contact us via email@example.com
An information meeting will be held in October. Stay informed through the Canvas page “International opportunities at NHH”.