Internship in asset management: practical information
If you are up for a challenge and curious to learn more about asset management, this course is for you.
Application deadline: 15 October – Apply via SøknadsWeb, starting 1 October. More details below.
The course consists of an academic component and an internship facilitated by Finance Norway. Among partner companies are independent asset management companies, as well as asset management entities belonging to banks and insurance companies.
The mandatory academic module (6 days) will take place in April 2024 followed by a 5-week summer internship. The dates for the 5-week internship are agreed between the student and partner company directly.
The reflection workshop (2 days) will take part in August 2024, and the closing session will take place in September 2024. The exact dates for the academic module, reflection workshop and closing session are yet to be confirmed.
You find more detailed information about the workload and the learning outcome in the course description for INT411
- 1st or 2nd semester full-time master student at NHH (any major).
- English fluency, both oral and written.
- Highly motivated.
- Norwegian language skills are not required, we aim to match non-Norwegian speakers with partner organizations with English as a working language.
NB: Section of Admissions (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- The online application will open 1 October, 2023.
- Application deadline is 15 October, 2023.
- Eligible students will receive links to KIRA-video interviews (online interview platform) to be completed by 18 October, 2023. The link will be sent to the student e-mail address.
- Short-listed students (selected on the basis of KIRA-interviews) will be informed by 15 November, 2023.
- Selected students must reply to the offer by 18 November, 2023.
- Finance Norway will match selected students to the partner companies by 30 November, 2023.
Your application will be assessed by the Section for Admissions. Applicants are evaluated and ranked based on KIRA-interviews. KIRA-interviews are focused on motivation and personality-related questions: e.g., your motivation to apply for this course; your ability to work in diverse teams; etc.
KIRA-interviews do not include questions related to your knowledge of finance in general and asset management in particular.
To Submit your application:
- Go to Søknadsweb
- Choose "Internship in Asset Management"
- Make sure to upload your CV (will be used by Finance Norway to match applicants with partner companies).
- Other documentation will not be taken into consideration
- English CV
Note: CV must include work and volunteer experience, appointments (Norwegian: “verv”), international experience and language skills.
The INT411 Internship in Asset Management course is graded (Pass / Fail).
This course cannot be included in the degree if taken in combination with INTERN-A-M / Grunderskolen / Innovation School / Social entrepreneurship. Courses not included in the degree will be shown in a separate transcript.
Please note that that this course cannot be included in any of the majors, and if included in the degree it cannot count as part of the 22.5 ECTS that has to be in a different subject area than the major ("breddekravet").
Accommodation: Students are required to organize accommodation during the internship period.
Additional costs: Travels, general living expenses, accommodation, insurance.
This is a paid internship with a salary determined on the basis of 450,000 NOK per annum.
For questions regarding admission process please contact email@example.com.