MBA in Seafood Management
The Executive MBA in Seafood Management is designed for people working in the seafood industry or related industries, where the need for sustainable innovation is increasingly important to succeed in a highly competitive and international environment.
The programme aims at preparing professionals for senior management positions in the seafood industry and related sectors by providing in-depth knowledge and expertise across key areas such as economics, strategy, management, marketing, finance, and accounting.
The programme augments this broad, general curriculum with a strong focus on the seafood industry. It provides breadth and depth through course work that is topical, relevant, and tailored to address the critical issues of the seafood industry today and in the future.
Close and personal guidance
To ensure consistency and quality of the study, a dedicated Program Director will follow the participants from the very beginning until the end of the program. The Programme Director is a faculty member with a high level of documented expertise.
Build a network
You will meet participants from a range of different backgrounds, from private companies, to non-profit organisations, and public administration. What they have in common is a strong interest in the seafood industry, and together they bring invaluable industry experience to the classroom. The goal is to provide relevant competence at a high and appropriate academic level, allowing participants to relate general MBA topics to the seafood context, and to build a network for learning and further development outside the classroom sessions.
The participants will develop new knowledge, gain skills and increase the general competence that is required to lead the seafood industry into a more sustainable future with innovative ideas across the entire value chain.
The programme primarily targets professionals working in the international seafood industry or related industries where the need for strong management skills and sustainable innovation is increasingly important to succeed in a competitive and global industry. In large firms, the programme will be particularly suitable for managers of departments and units, and for those working with senior management in strategic decision-making. Target participants are both top and middle-level managers in small and medium-sized firms. The programme will also benefit professionals who wish to gain a deeper understanding of the challenges and opportunities of the seafood industry and who work for financial institutions, in consulting, public administration or in trade and industry organizations.
The programme consists of four modules, each of which focuses on different subjects:
- Module 1: The seafood industry in a global context, November 26th-30th, 2018
- Module 2: Strategic analysis and sustainable business models, May/June 2019
- Module 3: International management, November/December 2019
- Module 4: Leading change and innovation, May/June 2020
About the programme
- ECTS Credits
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Happy First Class of Seafood MBA Graduates
- The next programme starts on September 14th 2018. It will be a voluntary kick off meeting that will be recorded and live streamed.
- Closing date for applications August 1st
- The programme is taught entirely in English
- Four module meetings taking place in the following locations:
- Meeting #1: NHH, Bergen, Norway
- Meeting #2: HEC Montreal, Montreal, Canada
- Meeting #3: Asia
- Meeting #4: NHH, Bergen, Norway
- Flipped classroom approach – the program utilizes the great opportunities of e-learning, allowing participants from all over the world to study training materials and interact over the internet, while the four physical meetings focus on active dialogue and class discussions
- Four module meetings of five days
- Two-year, part-time programme
- 32 participants per class
- Program tuition: NOK 390,000 (NOK 97,500 per term) (1)
(1) Does not include the travel and accommodation expenses to attend module meetings.