Application procedure MSc
The application process for the academic year of 2019-2020 will open on 1 November. Information on this page concerning the admission process will be updated during the month of October.
Admission to NHH is highly competitive, with only one in eight applicants being offered admission.
1. Are you qualified to apply?
Does your academic background meet the admission requirements?
If you are not qualified, your application will be rejected.
2. Do you need to document financial ability?
- If you are an applicant from outside the EU/EEA or Switzerland, you must document your ability to finance your stay in Norway, in order to be granted a student residence permit. The required amount is currently 111,657 NOK. Read more about how to document your financial ability.
- If you are an applicant from a Nordic country or a country within the EU/EEA or Switzerland, you do not need to document financial ability. Learn how you may finance your studies. There is no tuition fee at NHH. Students only pay a small semester registration fee of approximately NOK 800.
3. Have you prepared all the documents required?
Please make sure you have all the required documents ready in the correct format (PDF). All documents must be uploaded to the application portal; please do not send any documents by post.
- Are you completing your degree in the application semester? By 15 February you must upload your higher education completed to date as described in the documentation requirements. Please remember to upload your final transcripts by 1 July, confirming the successful completion of your degree. If your degree will not be confirmed prior to this date, contact email@example.com for information.
- Are you preparing for the TOEFL/IELTS/PTE or the GMAT/GRE test? Only test scores issued directly from the issuing authority are accepted, and as this process may take several weeks, please make sure to schedule your test in time.
Deadline for submission of test results: 15 March.
4. How to register your application
The online application portal is available from 1 November until 15 February.
To register, press International Applicant, enter your e-mail address and follow the instructions. Make sure to enter your name as stated in your passport. Use one e-mail address to avoid creating multiple applications. Please upload the supporting documents within the application deadline, carefully using our guidelines on how to upload documents . We advise you to complete the application at the earliest possible time, and if possible, to upload all the documents at the same time.
Please note that applications that are incomplete at the application deadline will not be processed.
5. Getting your application results
Students are admitted continuously during the spring semester; however, most applicants will be notified of their application result in the middle of April. You will receive the result by e-mail and may also see the result in the application portal.
The study offer must be accepted within two weeks after the notification of the application result.
If accepted, you will receive information about housing, residence permits and visas.
The semester starts in mid-August.
6. Deferment of study offer
If you are offered admission but are unable to start your studies this year, you may in some cases apply for a deferment of your study offer.
Deadlines and other key dates
1 November: Opening of the application portal
15 February: Application deadline
15 March: Deadline submission of test results
Mid-April: Notification of application result
15 May: Application deadline housing (Sammen)
1 July: Deadline submission of final diploma