Gender equality at NHH
NHH shall improve its work on gender equality. This is a precondition to ensure that NHH succeeds in strengthening both its national and international position. Ensuring that NHH is able to attract capable women is one of the main challenges.
We offer female researchers the following:
Annual amount for further qualification
All female post-doctoral researchers and associate professors in internally-funded positions receive an annual amount of NOK 25,000 for further qualification. Unused funds will automatically be carried over to the next year, but limited upwards, so that the total annual amount (funds carried over + new funds) cannot exceed NOK 40,000.
First two years of research leave earned in half the normal time
All women in associate professor positions will earn the first two years of leaves of absence for research purposes in half the normal time. See the regulations on research leaves for more information about rules, application deadlines, application forms etc.
Financial support to attend conferences and workshops, for shorter stays abroad, extra journeys home etc.
Pursuant to detailed rules, as an associate professor and professor, you can receive:
- Financial support for extra journeys home if a research stay is divided into several shorter stays abroad and the grounds are related to your family situation – for example if you have small children and a working spouse.
- Grants for several shorter stays if you have small children and choose to travel without your family.
All women in academic positions can receive:
- Financial support to attend conferences or workshops, even if they are not presenting their own work.
- Financial support for short stays abroad, also stays lasting less than a month.
- An expanded annual grant limit of NOK 40,000 per year in connection with conferences, workshops etc. (travel and accommodation) (the standard amount is currently NOK 30,000), e.g. to encourage increased gender equality.