Watch experts discussing financial secrecy
Did you miss out on the NHH mini conference on financial secrecy 24 March? The conference was digital and you now can watch the video and listen to experts discussing if financial institutions are capable of detecting criminal activity, as required by the regulations.
During the seminar on Wednesday 24 March, experts discussed several themes:
- Are the financial institutions capable of detecting criminal activity, as required by the regulations?
- Which sorts of financial illegal activity are detected and deterred by the current regulatory regime and the financial institutions’ control of customers?
- Could it be that some financial institutions are inclined to let suspicious transactions go through because of potential loss of profit if they report them?
Experts and researchers:
- Mirella Elisa Grant- Group Executive Vice President Compliance at DNB
- Sigrid Klæboe Jacobsen - Executive director and co-founder of Tax Justice Network – Norway.
- Guttorm Schjelderup is a Professor of Economics and Business Economics at NHH and Head of the Norwegian Center for Taxation (NoCeT)
- Tina Søreide, Professor of law and economics at NHH, moderated the event.