Master level restricted access courses
Some courses at the master level have restricted access. These courses have an earlier application deadline than other courses.
Monday 23 August
Restricted access course autumn 2021
The following courses have restricted access autumn 2021:
- FIE437 Valuation (NB: The course has required prerequisites. See details under "How to apply")
- FIE457 Entrepreneurial Finance (NB: The course has required prerequisites. See details under "How to apply")
Answer to the application and first lecture
- You will receive the answer to your application by email on Friday 27 August.
- If offered admission, but do not want to accept, please remember to decline in Søknadsweb before Sunday 29 August at 11.59 PM so that the seat may be offered to a student on the waiting list.
- If you do not decline within the deadline, you will be registered for the course and the exam on Monday 30 August. You will have access to the course in Canvas by 31 August, provided that the course responsible has activated it.
- Restriced access courses have their first lecture in week 35, at the earliest. You may find the schedule on the For students web pages.
How to apply
If you wish to take the course for the first time:
- Go to the application portal to apply.
- Choose Access Restricted courses - Access restricted courses - master level
- You may choose up to three courses in order of priority. You may be admitted to a maximum of two courses. Please indicate how many courses you would like to be admitted to by noting "7,5" for one course and "15" for two courses.
- Please make a note in the extra information section if you belong to one of the following groups of students:
- you have passed an exam for the first time in the spring semester of 2021, but have not received the result by 23 August (please indicate the name of the course)
- you have been on exchange on master level in the spring semester of 2021 and have not received your results by 23 August
- you are applying to take FIE437 or FIE457, and do not fulfill the prerequisite with FIE402 Corporate Finance, but believe you fulfill it with an equivalent master course from a different institution. Please indicate the institution, the course code and the course name.
Please note that it is your responsibility to notify us if you belong to any of the groups above!
If you have taken the course earlier and want to retake the exam: Please do not apply for the course following the guidelines above. Instead, send an e-mail to email@example.com and ask to be registered for the exam within the registration deadline of 1 September (autumn)/1 February (spring).
Answer to the application
You will receive an answer to your application by email on Friday 27 August at 16.00 PM. If the course starts late in the semester, you will receive an answer well ahead of the course registration deadline (September 1 / February 1).
Applicants are ranked according to the number of credits passed on the master level at NHH.
Students on exchange from NHH to other schools or universities may not be granted access to restricted access courses.