Master level restricted access courses
Some courses at the master level have restricted access. These courses have an earlier application deadline than other courses.
Monday 18 January
Restricted access course spring 2021
NB! As of 22 January, NBD407 Business Model Innovation is no longer access restricted and you may register for it on Studentweb.
Answer to the application and first lecture
Due to the pandemic, physical attendance at first lecture is not mandatory in the restricted access courses in the spring semester of 2021.
- You will receive the answer to your application by email on Friday 22 January.
- If offered admission, but do not want to accept, please remember to decline in Søknadsweb before Sunday 24 January at 11.59 PM so that the seat may be offered to a student on the waiting list.
- If you do not decline within the deadline, you will be registered for the course and the exam on Monday 25 January. You will have access to the course in Canvas by 26 January, provided that the course responsible has activated it.
- Please pay close attention to any practical information about the course given in Canvas by the course responsible.
- Restriced access courses have their first lecture in week 4. You may find the schedule on the For students web pages.
How to apply
If you wish to take the course for the first time:
- Go to the application portal to apply.
- Choose Access Restricted courses - Access restricted courses - master level
- You may choose up to three courses in order of priority. You may be admitted to a maximum of two courses. Please indicate how many courses you would like to be admitted to by noting "7,5" for one course and "15" for two courses.
- Please make a note in the extra information section if you belong to one of the following groups of students:
- you have passed an exam for the first time in the autumn semester of 2020, but have not received the result by 18 January (please indicate the name of the course)
- you have been on exchange on master level in the autumn semester of 2020 and have not received your results by 18 January
- you are a double degree student and need the course you are applying for in order to complete your degree
- you are a CEMS student
Please note that it is your responsibility to notify us if you belong to any of the groups above!
If you have taken the course earlier and want to retake the exam: Please do not apply for the course following the guidelines above. Instead, send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and ask to be registered for the exam within the registration deadline of 1 September (autumn)/1 February (spring).
Answer to the application
You will receive an answer to your application by email on Friday 22 January at 16.00 PM. If the course starts late in the semester, you will receive an answer well ahead of the course registration deadline (September 1 / February 1).
Applicants are ranked according to the number of credits passed on the master level at NHH.
Students on exchange from NHH to other schools or universities may not be granted access to restricted access courses.