Master level restricted access courses
Some courses at the master level have restricted access. These courses have an earlier application deadline than other courses.
Monday 9 January
Apply for admission here (Søknadsweb) from 21 December
Restricted access course spring 2023
The following courses have restricted access spring 2023:
- STR459 Artificial intelligence and robotics
- ENE470 Climate change: Policies and Negotiations (CEMS students will be prioritized)
Answer to the application and first lecture
- You will receive the answer to your application by email on Friday 13 January.
- If offered admission, but do not want to accept, please remember to decline in Søknadsweb by the end of Sunday 15 January so that the seat may be offered to a student on the waiting list.
- If you do not decline within the deadline, you will be registered for the course and the exam on Monday 16 January. You will have access to the course in Canvas by 17 January, provided that the course responsible has activated it.
- Restriced access courses have their first lecture in week 3, at the earliest. You may find the schedule on the For students web pages.
How to apply
If you wish to take the course for the first time:
- Go to the application portal to apply.
- Choose Access Restricted courses - Access restricted courses - master level
- You may choose up to three courses in order of priority. You may be admitted to a maximum of two courses. Please indicate how many courses you would like to be admitted to by noting "7,5" for one course and "15" for two courses.
- Please make a note in the extra information section if you belong to one of the following groups of students:
- you have passed an exam for the first time in the autumn semester of 2022, but have not received the result by 9 January (please indicate the name of the course)
- you have been on exchange on master level in the autumn semester of 2022 and have not received your results by 9 January
- you are a CEMS student
Please note that it is your responsibility to notify us if you belong to any of the groups above!
If you have taken the course earlier and want to retake the exam: Please do not apply for the course following the guidelines above. Instead, send an e-mail to email@example.com and ask to be registered for the exam within the registration deadline of 1 September (autumn)/1 February (spring).
Answer to the application
You will receive an answer to your application by email on Friday 13 January at 4.00 PM. If the course starts late in the semester, you will receive an answer well ahead of the course registration deadline (September 1 / February 1).
Applicants are ranked according to the number of credits passed on the master level at NHH.
Students on exchange from NHH to other schools or universities may not be granted access to restricted access courses.
- (+47) 55 95 95 95