Together with our partners in the Engage.EU alliance, NHH will start to offer one Engage Module for master's students in the autumn semester 2022. The module will consist of four courses during the autumn semester 2022 and the spring semester 2023. Students may take two courses within the Module to obtain a total of 15 ECTS. Students from any Engage alliance university can apply for the complete module or any of the four courses individually.
If you are an outgoing student from NHH, you will find information on how to apply on this website.
Application deadline: 1 July 2022
This module combines courses that will help shed light on some of the main challenges in modern economies. How can the corporate sector redesign their business models to encompass sustainability challenges? What is the role of the financial sector in achieving this? How must established companies change their business model? Which roles can new and innovative companies play? And how can we develop business models that help achieve both sustainability and profitability goals?
Through the four courses in this module, these questions are illuminated in various ways and with different emphases. By taking two out of these four courses, students will gain broad insights and skills about these questions. Students are free to take three or more courses. Module certificate will be awarded to students who successfully complete at least two courses.
Upon completion of this module, students will:
- Have knowledge of the interlinkages between sustainability, entrepreneurship and business model innovation
- Understand the importance of integrating sustainability measures alongside traditional profitability measures in the strategy, finance and business model design of both existing and new companies.
- Be able to assess how sustainability challenges affect firms and market opportunities in various sectors
- Be able to contribute to redesigning or developing new business models focussing on both sustainability and profitability
- Be able to communicate about sustainability and business models with experts and others
- Be able to contribute to sustainable business solutions in various settings.
Students are welcome to apply to the following master's level courses:
Please note that in the upcoming fall semester the courses BUS446 Sustainable Business Models 7,5 ECTS and FIE459 Sustainable Finance 7,5 ECTS will be offered. BUS446 Sustainable Business Models 7,5 ECTS is also scheduled to be offered in the spring semester 2023. NBD405 New Business Development in Practice 7,5 ECTS will be offered in the spring semester 2023 and NBD406 Strategic Entrepreneurship 7,5 ECTS will be offered in the fall semester 2023.
In each course, a limited number of spots will be reserved for students from the partner universities of this initiative.
Students may only choose courses on their respective study level. Please not that only these courses will be open to students applying for admission through this initiative.
Deadline: 1 July 2022. All applications must be submitted via NHH’s application web.
Application requirements: Enrolment in a master's program at a partner university.
How to Apply
How to Apply
- Go to SøknadsWeb after 1 June.
- Scroll down to Login International Applicant.
- Enter your e-mail address and follow the instructions. Make sure to enter your name as stated in your passport, as wrongfully spelt names may cause delays. Use one e-mail address to avoid creating multiple applications.
- Press New Application in the menu bar.
- Select Engage - modules.
- Please upload the supporting documents within the application deadline.
We advise you to complete the application at the earliest possible time, and if possible, to upload all the documents at the same time.
Please upload the following to your SøknadsWeb application:
- Confirmation of enrolment from your home university
- An official transcript
- A scan of your passport or EU identity card
WHO CAN APPLY
The online course offer is available to graduate students studying at the following partner universities:
- LUISS University
- Tilburg University
- Université Toulouse 1 Capitole
- University of Mannheim
- WU Vienna University of Economics and Business
University of National and World Economy
The selection will be based on an evaluation of the applicant’s overall academic performance (transcript of records).
You will be informed about the outcome of your application at the latest by 25 July 2022.
ENGAGE.EU is an alliance of leading European universities in business, economics, and the social sciences, which aims to provide European citizens with the set of skills and competencies needed to tackle major societal challenges.
Engage Modules give students the opportunity to take courses at the other partner universities digitally.
Online Exchange or Module?
If you are only interested in taking a single course, please apply to take it as an Online Exchange (OEI) course. All module courses will be offered as single OEI courses as well. If you - at a later point - wish to take the full Module, you can incorporate courses taken as OEI courses, as long as they are also module courses. Please apply only to the Module if you already know you wish to take all module courses.