Formal errors

Formal errors

You may make a complaint regarding formal errors in the implementation or grading of your examination, if you believe that there have been errors that may have had an impact on your performance or assessment of an examination.

The complaint must be sent by e-mail within three weeks from the basis for the complaint is known to you.

A complaint will initially be settled by the Office of Student and Academic Affairs. 

If the outcome of the complaint is to your advantage, the Office of Student and Academic Affairs will determine the compensation for the formal error. The outcome of a complaint may, depending on the error, result in one or more students being offered a new examination or new grading.

The compensation for the formal error will be decided by The Office of Student and Academic Affairs. You may not appeal the compensation in itself.

You may appeal if you do not agree with the decision. A final decision will then be made by the Complaints Board at NHH.

The provision of formal errors is in pursuant to the Act relating to Universities and University Colleges sections 5-2 and 5-3.