ENE456 Corporate and Private Environmental Responsibility
Autumn 2023Spring 2024
Non-governmental organizations (NGOs), large corporations, environmental responsibility environmental conservation work, clean technology development, environmental NGOs strategy, policy influence.
Knowledge - upon successful completion the student
- Is familiar with selected environmental NGOs and large private corporations with interests in the environment and clean technology development.
- Knows how environmental NGOs and private corporations work toward environmental responsibility and conservation, including strategies in the short an long run.
- Understands the role of NGOs and large corporations in environmental issues and in policy work at both the national and international level.
Skills - upon successful completion the student
- Can explain differences between various types of environmental NGOs.
- Can explain and discuss environmental responsibility of large private corporations.
- Can coordinate and work on subject related matter in peer-groups.
- Can present and discuss subject related questions to a larger audience.
The seminar mainly consists of lectures given by representatives of selected NGOs and large private corporations that have an environmental agenda.
Credit reduction due to overlap
Mandatory attendance at all lectures and activities.
3 days individual home exam (publication day 1 at 09.00, submission day 3 by 14.00).
NGO Diplomacy: The Influence of Nongovernmental Organizations in International Environmental Negotiations (2007), Betsill, M.M, Corell, E. (eds.). MIT Press.
Doyle, Julie (2009) Climate Action and Environmental Activism: The Role of Environmental NGOs and Grassroots Movements in the Global Politics of Climate Change In: Boyce, Tammy and Lewis, Justin, eds. Climate Change and the Media. Peter Lang, New York, USA, pp. 103-116. ISBN 9781433104619
- ECTS Credits
- Teaching language
Spring. Offered Spring 2023 (last week of the semester).
Professor Stein Ivar Steinshamn, Department of Business and Management Science.