ENGAGE.EU and Digital Innovation for sustainable Growth
DIG’s Professor Tor W. Andreassen represents NHH as the only Norwegian business school in a prestigious alliance of European universities. ENGAGE.EU opens a unique opportunity to educate and inspire a new generation of citizens who will contribute to making Europe a global referent in how to tackle societal challenges.
ENGAGE.EU is an alliance of seven leading European universities in business, economics, and the social sciences, which aims to provide European citizens the set of skills and competences needed to tackle major societal challenges like sustainable growth.
Existing and new challenges, such as digitalization and artificial intelligence, climate change, ageing societies and migration, must be tackled successfully to ensure a sustainable and positive future. ENGAGE.EU will inspire active societal engagement in the current and future state of Europe and beyond.
ENGAGE.EUs mission statement is to enable its learners to act as socially engaged European citizens and to have an impact on society. Building on our solid background in social sciences, we strive for a comprehensive approach, following three interconnected paths:
Engaged Research and Innovation, and
Engaged in Society.
The ENGAGE.EU European University unites seven member universities:
- University of Mannheim, German (Coordinator)
- Luiss Libera Università Internazionale degli Studi Sociali Guido Carli (LUISS Univesity), Rome, Italy
- NHH Norwegian School of Economics (NHH), Bergen, Norway
- Tilburg University, the Netherlands
- University of National and World Economy, Sofia, Bulgaria
- University of Toulouse 1 Capitole, France
- WU Vienna University of Economics and Business, Austria
NHH aims to be a driving force for development in business and society, and to educate people for the purposes of value creation and sustainable development. Our mission statement underscores this commitment: ‘Together for sustainable value creation’.