Writing master thesis alone
All students should write in pairs. However, there are some exceptions to that rule.
Reasons for the application must be documented. Send the application with documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application deadline is October 1st for students who will write their thesis in the spring semester and March 1st for the autumn semester.
Reasons to apply for writing the master thesis alone:
- Illness / Childbirth - An illness that would be an obstacle in the writing process with another student. Delivery during the writing semester. Documentation: Medical certificate. Due date confirmation.
- Private agreement with a partner company - The company wishes exclusivity / confidentiality with one student. Documentation: Confirmation from the company of business exclusivity / confidentiality.
- Progression Problems - The student has spent 2.5 years or more achieving 75-90 out of 120 credits at NHH. Documentation: Statement from the Office of Academic and Student Affairs.
- Other reasons that may be an obstacle to good and equal cooperation between the two students.
Other reasons for writing alone:
- Double Degree Students
- CEMS students
Double Degree students must satisfy two institutions’ requirements for their master thesis. This may pose difficulties regarding cooperation with other students.
- Students planning to continue in a PhD program
Students planning for a PhD will follow a research distinction track, and will write their master thesis according to that. Please add the following documentation to the application:
- A transcript of records of achieved grades
- Recommendation letter from the PhD coordinator (please contact email@example.com)