The course will give the students insight in central methods of optimization in mathematical analysis and in linear programming, and how these can be applied in economics.
- Have knowledge of the main methods of optimization in mathematical analysis and in linear programming.
- Understand the role of convexity in problems of optimization.
- Understand the role of duality in linear programming.
- Can set up, solve, and analyze models for static optimization with various constraints by use of Kuhn-Tucker's method.
- Can set up models for optimization with linear programming, and analyze these both theoretically and with computer tools.
- Can apply such models to network problems of relevance in economics
- Have understanding of principles for mathematical formulation of economic models
- ECTS Credits
- Teaching language
Spring. Offered Spring 2020.