MET1 Mathematics for Economists
- Functions of one variable: Exponential functions and logarithms, differentiation, convexity, elasticities, implicit differentiation, integration.
- Geometric series, present value computations.
- Functions of several variables: Partial derivatives, differentiation, optimizing with and without constraints.
- The student masters fundamental concepts and methods in mathematics with a view towards applications in economic and administrative subjects
- The student is familiar with some standard models for economic situations, in particular in connection with optimization problems
- The student is able to define simple mathematical models and to treat them analytically and numerically
- The student is capable of reading and acquiring economic theory with a certain mathematical level and content
Lectures, 10 group exercises (2 hours each), one mandatory and one voluntary assignment.
Matematikk R1 or Matematikk S1+S2 or equivalent.
Credit reduction due to overlap
Corresponds to MET020
Two multiple choice tests and one individual assignment.
4 hour written school exam
A - F
O. Dovland og P. Pettersen: Matematikk for økonomistudenter, 3rd edition, Fagbokforlaget, 2019
- ECTS Credits
- Teaching language
Autumn. Offered Autumn 2022.
Written school exam is offered both semesters (according to Regulations for Full-time Study Programmes at the Norwegian School of Economics (NHH), section 3-1).
Part of studies
Associate Professor Per Manne, Department of Business and Management Science.