MET1 Mathematics for Economists
- Functions of one variable: Differentiation, convexity, elasticities, implicit differentiation, integration.
- Geometric series, present value computations.
- Functions of several variables: Partial derivatives, differentiation, optimizing with and without constraints.
- Linear algebra: Linear systems of equations, inverse matrices, determinants.
- The student masters fundamental concepts and methods in mathematics with a view towards applications in economic and administrative subjects
- The student is familiar with some standard models for economic situations, in particular in connection with optimization problems
- The student is able to define simple mathematical models and to treat them analytically and numerically
- The student is capable of reading and acquiring economic theory with a certain mathematical level and content
- ECTS Credits
- Teaching language