JAP10 Japanese for Business 1
This course is an introduction to Japanese oral and written communication. Written language means two phonetic alphabets and approximately 70 kanii (Chinese characters). In addition, the course provides factual knowledge about Japanese culture and society.
Upon succesful completion of the course, the student has acquired the following:
- basic factual skills about the Japanese language system
- basic factual skills about Japan
- basic practical skills in Japanese
- able to read simple texts in Japanese
- able to produce simple oral and written sentences
- a basic competence in how to work and communicate with East Asians
No prerequisite knowledge required
Requirements for course approval
Workbook, 6 hand-ins approx. every second week from mid-September
Three hours written school exam
UPDATED 12 October 2020:
In the autumn of 2020, the school exam will be converted to a: 1,5-hour individual home exam at the same time as the originally planned exam.
Grading Scale: Pass / Fail
Pass / Fail
- ECTS Credits
- Teaching language
- Primarily taught in Norwegian and Japanese but may include English when necessary
Autumn. Offered Autumn 2020.
Written school exam is offered both semesters (according to Regulations for Full-time Study Programmes at the Norwegian School of Economics (NHH), section 3-1).
UPDATED 12 October 2020: The assessment form was revised due to the ongoing corona pandemic. See assessment section for details.