In order to enhance one's understanding of how academic theory and practice interconnect, this course combines an internship in a company/organization operating within the areas relevant for the ENE profile with a report that relates academic theories to practice.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student will have attained the following:
- The candidate has knowledge about how theories from economics/business administration and practice interconnect in a company/organization operating within the areas relevant for the ENE profile
- The candidate is able to do an analysis or suggest improvements at the organization where the internship takes place, using relevant academic methods and theories
- The candidate is able to reflect on and assess the validity of knowledge and skills acquired during his/her studies in light of practice
Credit reduction due to overlap
The internship you take as part of the ENEINT course can not be combined with an internship taken as part of the INTERN-A-M course, Innovation School, Gründerskolen, Sosialt entrepenørskap and other similar programmes or courses.
Requirements for course approval
In order to have an internship approved, the following requirements must be accomplished:
- The company where the internship is performed must be operating within the areas relevant for the ENE major.
- The internship must last for at least one month (four full work weeks).
- The company where the internship is performed must write a confirmation with a short description of the work that the student has been involved in.
- The student is to write a report that describes the knowledge that the student has gained, and relates this to relevant literature/articles. The report can be presented as a case document, based on the company/organization where the internship was performed.
- The report should be 4-5 pages long, with emphasis on:
- Details about the internship: Name of company, place, duration, etc.
- Description of the company/organization where the internship has taken place, what it is doing, and why it is relevant to ENE
- A specific description of the candidate's work and assignment
- How academic theories are related to practice
- What the learning outcome has been
- The student report and the company's letter are to be submitted by email to email@example.com for registration at the Examination Office, before it is forwarded to the examiners.
- In order to pass, the student must have written a well-structured and well-written report with adequate content and length. The candidate must demonstrate an ability to use relevant academic theories and skills in practice, and to critically reflect on and assess those same theories and skills in light of practice.
- There are no specific deadlines.
Grading scale Pass / Fail
In order to pass, the student must have written a well-structured and well-written report with adequate content and length. The candidate must demonstrate an ability to use relevant academic theories and skills in practice, and to critically reflect on and assess those same theories and skills in light of practice.There are no specific deadlines.
- ECTS Credits
- Teaching language
Autumn and Spring. Offered Spring 2021.
Professor Stein Ivar Steinshamn, Department of Business and Management Science