MAT10 Calculus and Linear Algebra
Autumn 2020Spring 2021
Upon completion of the course the students can
- Understand basic concepts of calculus and linear algebra.
- Use tools from analysis: trigonometric and inverse trigonometric functions, integration techniques (integrations by parts and substitution), Taylor polynomials, Taylor series.
- Apply complex numbers, in particular to solve algebraic equations.
- Master basic tools of linear algebra: vectors, matrices, Gauss-elimination in systems of linear equations, determinants, Cramer's formula, inverse matrices.
- Understand and analyze linear transformations, eigenvalues and eigenvectors, quadratic forms.
- Learn new mathematical tools, which have many applications in economics courses and serve as a background for more specialized mathematical courses.
- ECTS Credits
- Teaching language
Spring. Offered Spring 2020.