MAT15 Risk and insurance
Basic topics in insurance mathematics.
The probabilistic theoretical basis for life insurance.
Statistical analysis of life expectancy and mortality.
Calculation of premium and premium reserve.
Students can, after completing the course:
- Understand basic concepts in life insurance mathematics.
- Master basic concepts in insurance mathematics (preferences and uncertainty, equivalence principle, premium reserves, stochastic dependence, costs, profits and bonuses).
- Use mortality tables.
- Use basic methods in life insurance mathematics (pension insurance, life insurance contracts on one and more lives).
- Make insurance calculations. Interpret and present results achieve.
- Learn new methods in insurance mathematics that have many applications in actuarial mathematics.
Plenary lectures (with video recording)
MAT10 Analysis and Linear Algebra
MET1 Mathematics for Economists
MET2 Statistics for Economists
Requirements for course approval
Course approval is granted on the basis of one individual written submission. This submission must be accepted in order to get access for the exam.
5 hour written school exam
Grading scale A - F
Knut K Aase: Anvendt Sannsynlighetsteori: Forsikringsmatematikk (available online)
Selected notes/overheads available in Canvas.
- ECTS Credits
- Teaching language
Autumn. Offered Autumn 2020 (first time).
Written school exam is offered both semesters (according to Regulations for Full-time Study Programmes at the Norwegian School of Economics (NHH), section 3-1).
Professor Roman Kozlov, Department of Business and Management Science.