ENGAGE.EU EXPEDITION: SUSTAINABILITY CHALLENGE
NHH welcomes students from ENGAGE.EU partners to the Sustainability Challenge, a joint venture with Bergen Entrepreneurship Academy (BEA) and the Norwegian Climate Foundation.
Stimulate your inner entrepreneur by joining our vibrant, interdisciplinary atmosphere where motivated students and competent faculty get together to foster innovative collaboration.
The Sustainability Challenge is an intensive, 10-day summer programme open to students from Engage.EU partners as well as BEA partner schools HVL and UiB. Join the Sustainability Challenge and gain international experience, new academic perspectives, and cultural insights. The Sustainability Challenge will take place at NHH in Bergen between 21 June and 30 June. There will also be digital sessions prior to and after the lectures in Bergen. The Expedition is free of charge for all qualified students.
Nominated students may be eligible to receive financial support from their home universities.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 24 MARCH 2023
In this course, the Norwegian Climate Foundation (Klimastiftelse) will formulate a sustainability challenge that forms a point of departure for coursework and the group assignment. Students will transform the challenge into a concrete business idea by examining the sustainability challenge from users’ perspectives.
You may find the full course description and more details on the course website.
- Application deadline: 24 March 2023.
- All applications must be submitted via NHH’s application web. Applications sent by email will not be considered.
- All applicants will be notified of the result of their application before 5 April 2023.
- Successful candidates should accept their offer of admission before 20 April 2023.
The host reserves the right to cancel the Expedition if there is an insufficient number of qualified applicants. In such case, the applicants will be notified no later than 1st May 2023.
How to apply?
How to apply?HOW TO APPLY
- Go to SØKNADSWEB
- Select “Norwegian School of Economics” as your institution.
- Scroll down to “Login International Applicant”.
- Enter your e-mail address and follow the instructions. Make sure to enter your name as stated in your passport, as incorrectly spelled names may cause delays. Use one e-mail address to avoid creating multiple applications.
- Press "New Application" in the menu bar.
- Select "BEA Summer School / ENGAGE.EU Expedition Week".
- Please upload the supporting documents within the application deadline.
We advise you to complete the application at the earliest possible time, and if possible, to upload all the documents at the same time.
Following documents must be uploaded in the application portal (SøknadsWeb):
- Official transcript
- Motivation letter
Candidates’ applications will be evaluated by our selection committee. The committee will perform a holistic assessment of the candidates’ applications based on their academic performances and their personal motivations. The selection procedure will aim for a balanced cohort composition by considering range of criteria inter alia disciplinary background, institutional diversity and demographic diversity.
Qualified applicants must have completed a bachelor's degree, and be currently enrolled in a master’s degree programme at a partner university in the Engage.EU alliance (University of Mannheim, LUISS University, Tilburg University, Vienna University of Economics and Business, University of national and world economy Sofia, Hanken School of Economics, University of Toulouse Capitole and Ramon Llull University).