Housing and residence permit/visa

Housing and residence permit/visa

Student housing, residence permits and visas for international students.


If you are an international student admitted to the MSc programme, you are guaranteed housing through the Student Welfare Organisation in Bergen (Sammen). Due to capacity, the housing guarantee does not extend to Norwegian citizens.

Read more about accommodation provided by Sammen here

Please note

  • it is not possible to apply until after you have received your study offer from NHH, i.e. in most cases in April. Shortly after you have received your study offer, you will receive information by email on how to proceed.
  • if you arrive outside of office hours, you will not be able to pick up your key, so make sure to arrange for accommodation on your first night in Bergen.

Private accommodation may be found at www.finn.no (the web site is in Norwegian).


  • If you come from a country outside the EU/EEA and wish to study in Norway, you must apply for a residence permit for studies.
  • If you are an EU/EEA national, you do not need a residence permit, but you must register after arrival in Norway.

Norwegian residence permits are issued by the Norwegian Directorate of Immigration (UDI). Full details on how to apply for a residence permit for studies may be found on their web site. NHH will assist you with your application by providing a letter of acceptance with confirmation of the housing guarantee through the Student Welfare Organisation. All other inquiries concerning your application should be addressed to UDI.

Contact us

+47 55 95 95 95