Housing and residence permit/visa
Student housing, residence permits and visas for international students.
If you are an international student admitted to English-language MSc programme, you are guaranteed housing through the Student Welfare Organisation in Bergen (Sammen).
Please note that it is not possible to apply until after you have received your study offer from NHH, i.e. in most cases in April. Shortly after you have received your study offer, you will receive information by e-mail on how to proceed.
Please also note that due to lack of capacity, the housing guarantee does not extend to Norwegian citizens, even if admitted through the international admission process.
NHH is a partner of HousingAnywhere.com, the international student-to-student housing platform. Students who are coming to Bergen can find and book a student room on www.HousingAnywhere.com. The rooms on this platform are offered by students going abroad for a study abroad semester, exchange, Erasmus or internship. Using the platform itself is completely free; however, an administrative fee will be charged as a part of Housing Anywhere’s secure booking system.
RESIDENCE PERMIT FOR STUDIES/VISA
- If you come from a country outside the EU/EEA and wish to study in Norway, you must apply for a residence permit for studies.
- If you are an EU/EEA national, you do not need a residence permit, but you must register after arrival in Norway.
Norwegian residence permits are issued by the Norwegian Directorate of Immigration (UDI). Full details on how to apply for a residence permit for studies may be found on their web site. NHH will assist you with your application by providing supporting documentation. All other inquiries concerning your application must be addressed to UDI.
The following documentation must be presented along with the completed application form:
- Letter of acceptance as an MSc student (provided by NHH)
- Confirmation that housing arrangements in Norway have been made (provided by NHH for students who apply for student accommodation)
- Students from outside EU/EEA area must document sufficient funds to cover living expenses. The amount required is determined by the UDI and currently amounts to NOK 111,657.