MET501C Research Designs and Methodological Choices: Research Proposal (Accounting track)
The purpose of the seminar is to enhance and reinforce students' knowledge and understanding of the various steps in the research process based on their own research problem. The seminar builds on the general approach used MET501-A and students should apply skills acquired from MET501-A to write and set up their own research proposal.
The seminar will cover research related to:
- Argumentation and research questions
- Various methodological choices relevant for students' dissertation
- Examples of research design within accounting research
Based on this seminar students should be able to:
- understand the relationship between problem formulation and research design
- evaluate the appropriateness and application of different methods and processes relevant for their dissertation
- formulate adequate research problems for their own research project
- critically assess methodological choices relevant for their own research project (dissertation)
- develop and formulate research problems
- carry out research and scholarly research work of a high international standard
- communicate and discuss research with a peer audience.
The course contains several seminars addressing central topics relevant for writing a paper or dissertation (3-4 seminars). The candidate will also have to present the research proposal in class,
The seminar builds on MET501-A
Written research proposal.
Autumn. Offered Autumn 2018
Selected articles, PhD proposals and parts of PhD thesis. The program with complete list of readings will be available in due time prior to the seminar.
- ECTS Credits
- Teaching language
- English if non-norwegian speaking participants.