NOR11 Norwegian Language for Foreign Students level II
This course focuses on the Norwegian language on the lower intermediate level (A2-B1 on the CEFR-scale) . The course is a continuation from NOR10 and will continue and expand grammatical topics and vocabulary. The course will also discuss topics from Norwegian culture.
Students with Norwegian, Norwegian as a second language, Swedish or Danish as are not accepted to the course.
At the completion of the course the students should
- Have knowledge about the everyday language used in NRoway
- Have knowledge about the most important traditions in Norway
- Know about the most important celebrations and holidays in Norway
- Have some knowledge of Norwegian history, and how it has influenced the present
- Can read and understand the main content of authentic Norwegian texts
- Can talk about most everyday topics unprepared
- Can re-tell a text, film, book or something that happened
- Can compare, give advantages and disadvantages and express your opinion about them
- Can write text in Norwegian on most everyday topics
Written group work
Oral group work
Individual written work
Oral participation plays a very important part of the teaching and the course puts high demands of active participation, both individually and in groups.
NOR10/NOR010 or Norwegian skills corresponding to A2 in the CEFR.
- ECTS Credits
- Teaching language
Spring. Offered spring 2021