ORG520 Foundations and Frontiers of Management
Transaction cost theory
Firm advantage / Theory of the fiirm
Institutional theory of organizations
Resource based view/Knowledge based view
Digitalization, innovation, and competitive advantage
Implementation of strategic change
Leadership theory and research - an overview
Ethical decision-making and ethical leadership
Leadership in teams and organizations
Marketing strategy in consumer and b2b contexts
- Understand and apply theories of strategy, organization and leadership (management).
- Understand the reciprocity of theories of strategy, organization and leadership as a key to success.
- Identify the research frontiers of management.
- Critically analyze relevant problems in management.
- Communicate and discuss research in a clear cut manner.
The course has the following modules:
First module - Topics in business level and corporate level strategy
Second module - Digitalization, innovation, and competitive avantage
Third module - Theories of organizations and organizing
Fourth module - Leadership
Fifth module - Marketing strategy
A more detailed schedule will be presented during the introduction.
- Students are expected to prepare the course literature prior to the class.
- Students present at least one article in class.
- Students are expected to participate actively in class discussions.
If the Corona situation requires it, the course will be offered fully digital.
PhD candidates from NHH as well as PhD candidates from other institutions can take part in the course.
Home exam. Three days, between 9am on the first day and 14 pm on the third day.
Compendium of articles and book chapters.
The program with a complete list of readings will be available in due time prior to the seminar.
Permitted Support Material
Home exam, all available aids
- ECTS Credits
- Teaching language
Rune Lines, Department of Strategy and Management