ORG520 Foundations and Frontiers of Management
Transaction cost theory
Firm advantage ¿ Theory of the firm
Some institutional theory of organizations
Resource based view/Knowledge based view
Knowledge based competitive advantage
Knowledge based advantage through learning in organizations
Managerial cognition and strategic decision processes
Innovation entrepreneurship and competitive advantage
Implementation of strategic change
Leadership theory and research - an overview
Ethical decision-making and ethical leadership
Leadership in teams and organizations
- Understand and apply theories of strategy, organization and leadership (management).
- Understand the reciprocity of theories of strategy, organization and leadership as a key to success.
- Identify the research frontiers of management.
- Critically analyze relevant problems in management.
- Communicate and discuss research in a clear cut manner.
The course has two modules.
First module - Topics in Strategic Management and Leadership.
Second module - Theoretical foundations of Management.
A more detailed schedule will be presented during the introduction.
- Students are expected to prepare the course literature prior to the class.
- Students present at least one article in class.
- Students are expected to participate actively in class discussions.
Grading scale A-F
Compendium of articles and book chapters.
The program with a complete list of readings will be available in due time prior to the seminar.
- ECTS Credits
- Teaching language