FIN504A Corporate Finance I
- Capital Structure: Modigliani and Miller
- Agency Considerations in Corporate Finance
- Corporate Governance and Control
- Optimal Security Design
- Debt Structure and Seniority
- Asymmetric Information and Signaling
- Theory of the Firm
The candidate should on successfully completing the course, be able to:
- Explain the fundamental concepts in advanced corporate finance theory
- Relate theoretical concepts in corporate finance to relevant empirical research
- explain intuitively as well as mathematically the topics covered
- effectively read and discuss research papers in corporate finance theory
- explain different empirical settings used to test corporate finance theories
- expand on some of the topics to the level of developing own research ideas
If necessary, depending on the Corona situation the course will be digital.
PhD candidates from NHH as well as PhD candidates from other institutions can take part in the course.
Good knowledge of finance and microeconomic concepts & tools at the intermediate level.
Two individual problem sets each weighting 50%
Grading scale A - F.
Jean Tirole (2005), The Theory of Corporate Finance
In addition, a number of articles will be assigned.
- ECTS Credits
- Teaching language
- English. All lectures and coursework (including the students own) are to be completed in English.
Autumn. Not offered Autumn 2022.
Professor Tore Leite, Department of Finance, NHH.