MET522B Advanced Structural Equation Modeling
The course starts with an introduction to basic covariance algebra, followed by assessing model fit, sample size, and statistical power. Thereafter, the course addresses power analysis, and FIML and incomplete data.
The main part of the course focuses on longitudinal confirmatory factor analysis. The participants will learn about configural invariance, weak and strong invariance, and multiple group models.
Upon course completion, the candidate can:
- Explain the concept of analyzing multivariate longitudinal data.
- Identify the link between classical structural equation modeling (SEM) and longitudinal structural equation modeling.
- Use longitudinal structural equation modeling packages and apply these on research projects.
- Recognize and interpret statistical analyses applying longitudinal structural equation modeling.
- Discuss and raise questions related to the use of the abovementioned methods.
Lectures and software exercises.
- PhD candidates at NHH
- PhD candidates at Norwegian institutions
- PhD candidates at other institutions
- PhD candidates from the ENGAGE.EU alliance
- Motivated master’s students may be admitted after application, but are subject to the approval from the course responsible on a case by case basis
- Individuals outside academia may be admitted after application, but are subject to the approval from the course responsible and the Vice Rector for Research on a case by case basis
There is no cap on the number of students.
NHH Research Scholars should register for the course as recommended.
Multivariate Data Analysis.
Individual term paper.
Re-take is offered the semester after the course was offered for students who signed up for the initial evaluation
Todd D. Little (2013):" Longitudinal Structural Equation Modeling"; The Guilford Press.
Jöreskog, Olsson, and Wallentin (2016): Multivariate Analysis with LISREL. 1st ed. Springer International Publishing. A PDF will be provided.
Handouts in multivariate statistics (under preparation)
This is an ENGAGE-course
This course is offered to PhD candidates from the ENGAGE.EU alliance.
- ECTS Credits
- Teaching language
Spring. Will be offered spring 2024.
Course dates will be posted on Department of Strategy and Management's web pages.
Adjunct professor Ulf H. Olsson, Institutt for strategi og ledelse, NHH