Tech Upgrade: Data Analytics
The programme consist of a common core, with an overview over technological development of the last decade and an outlook of what to expect before we refresh your statistical background knowledge.
Digitalization of businesses has lead to a tremendous increase in data available to firms. Harnessing this data for your business is becoming a central skill in any professional’s toolkit. NHH’s new techUpgrade program offers a thorough, yet practical introduction to these new methods to all practitioners.
Our techUpgrade will provide you with a core set of tools to do the data analysis your company needs, but we will also cover data handling, merging and cleaning as well as advanced visualization techniques.
We will use the statistical programming language R throughout the course. R has become one of the world’s most important programming languages and is freely available.
Our teaching philosophy is to provide, be hands-on and to focus on practical examples that can be quickly transferred to new problems.
Siviløkonomer/M.Sc./Ind.øk. In general persons that have a need to increase their data analysis skills up to the current standard and beyond.
form of teaching
Most of your teaching will be hand’s on and will focus on the applications of techniques rather than the abstract concepts behind them.
Our idea is to use examples to teach certain skills and techniques.
Another piece in our teaching philosophy is the best learning happens when students themselves learn how to implements things.
- Master level
- The programme starts in January/February 2019
- Location at NHH Campus in Oslo and/or Bergen
- The programme consist of four modules of two day
- Tuition fees: NOK 48 000,- for members of ECONA. NOK 58 000,- for other participants. The fee includes participation in introduction module and the core data analysis module, including literature, a licence for canvas and food during the teaching hours
- Travel and accommodation cost are paid by the participants themselves