New Business Development (minor)
The accelerating pace of marketplace changes create demand for explicit knowledge and skills to analyse, explore and exploit opportunities that arise.
New Business Development will be offered as a major from autumn 2018. More information to come.
By choosing a minor in “New Business Development” you will add value to any other major profile as you will become a stronger candidate to deal with challenges and opportunities in innovation and entrepreneurship projects.
Such skills are vital for any position you might hold in the future – it being as head or as manager in an established firm, as an external consultant, or as an entrepreneur of your own business idea.
The minor in New Business Development draws on the expertise of NHH on commercialisation, finance, financial management, international business, strategy, human resources, and economics.
The interdisciplinary nature of the program provides the NBD student with a set of knowledge, skills and competences that any new business development project requires.
All depending on the combination of courses the candidate selects the program consist out of the following (potential) overarching themes:
- The dynamics of innovation and entrepreneurship in start-ups and established corporations.
- The identification, conceptualisation and implementation of new business opportunities.
- Managing and scaling up of these new business opportunities.
Upon completion of this minor programme,
- has academic knowledge to understand the complex processes and dynamics of new business development.
- has research based knowledge on challenges associated with mobilising resources, scaling up and growth of ventures.
- has research based knowledge to reflect critically on theories and research on new business development.
- can apply existing theories, methods and interpretations of new business development projects to other areas of business and economics
General competence outcomes
- can operate in environments that require expertise in new business development.
The requirement for a NBD minor is that students select 22.5 ECTS coursework among the courses from the course list. Currently, all courses offered have 7.5 ECTS.