Business Analytics (minor)
The Business Analytics (minor) profile gives you an opportunity to strengthen your fundamental knowledge (from your major profile) with practical skills in applied quantitative analysis, which is in high-demand in the modern job market.
The profile provides an analytical toolbox for data-driven decision making, i.e., intelligent use of large amounts of data to support business decisions.
Following the modern challenges that graduates face on the job market, the profile will prepare students for solving real-world problems from different fields:
- Operations management
- Marketing and pricing
The courses focus on programming and data management, how to use statistical tools in order to explore and deduct patterns from data, and how to use optimization and simulation tools to support better decision making in practical situations.
Upon completion of the programme, the candidates shall
- Have in-depth and up-to-date knowledge of relevant methods from statistics and operations research
- Have up-to-date knowledge of relevant software
- Be able to bring together information management and data analysis for practical business applications
- Be able to extract relevant insights from data by using statistical tools
- Be able to use modern optimization and simulation methods for decision support and process improvement
- Be trained to work in data-rich environments