CSI researchers participating at QUIS15 symposium
QUIS is held every second year and attracts around 200-250 leading researchers and executives from all over the world.
Since 1988, the QUIS symposium brings together the best interdisciplinary academic research and management practices in a forum to advance the study of service management, service dominant logic, service leadership, service quality, customer relationship management, technology and innovations in services.
The objectives of QUIS’ unique high-level sharing and networking events are to:
- Promote the continuing improvement of service quality and excellence in all economic sectors around the world.
- Gather thought leaders from the global business and academic communities for an open exchange of insight and experiences.
- Share and advance the state of the art in theory and practice through presentation and discussion of scholarly research and successful business strategies.
QUIS15 is in 2017 hosted by the School of Engineering of University of Porto (FEUP), in conjunction with CTF, Service Research Center, Karlstad University, Sweden, the Center for Services Leadership, W. P. Carey School of Business, Arizona State University, USA, and with the Center for Hospitality Research, School of Hotel Administration, Cornell University, USA on June 12-15, 2017.
CSI researchers paper presentations:
- Marzia Arico, Annita Fjuk and Lavrans Løvlie Micro Dynamics for Service Design Adoption
- Mauricy Motta-Filho and Simon Clatworthy Designing for Brand Experience: How Service Design Operationalizes a Service Dominant Logic Approach to Branding
- Alexander Jakubanecs, Line Lervik-Olsen, Tor W. Andreassen and Helge Thorbjørnsen Effects of Return on Time (RoT) on Adoption of Services: The Moderating Role of Need for Cognition
- Bart Lariviere, David Bowen, Tor W. Andreassen, Werner Kunz, Nancy S. Sirianni, Chris Voss, Nancy V. Wünderlich and Arne De Keyser “Service Encounter 2.0": An Investigation into The Roles of Technology, Employees and Customers
- David Joelsson, Markus Fellesson, Per Kristensson and Lars Witell Profound understanding for half a customer
- Mark Rosenbaum, Carol Kelleher, Margareta Friman, Per Kristensson and Anne Scherer Re-Placing Place In Marketing: A Resource-Exchange Place Perspective
CSIs distinguished Advisory Board members Dr. Stephen Vargo and Dr. Irene Ng were keynote speakers at the conference.
PhD Student and Jr Faculty Workshop PhD Students and Jr. Faculty Colleagues are invited to attend this special professional development session. Panelists for this session are well respected service research scholars from several countries around the world. Each panelists will take a few mins to provide tips and advice for teaching, research, professional service, work-life balance, and other aspects of academic life. The session will include time for discussion, Q&A and networking amongst the attendees.
Session Chair: Rohit Verma
Panelists: Tor Andreassen, Sunmee Choi, Anders Gustafsson, Marival Segarra Ona
For more information: https://web.fe.up.pt/~quis15/