Researchers with a permanent position and post doctors/assistant professors at NHH are invited to apply for funding.
Total for each application is between NOK 15 000 and NOK 150 000, and includes both amount applied for (max 50%) and matching funds (min 50%). Applications are welcome by 1 March.
The total budget for Småforsk 2018 is NOK 788 000.
The purpose of the initiative is to ensure breadth in research and access to seed funding for researchers and research groups, in order to increase the total research activity at NHH.
The primary use of the funding is intended to cover expenses related to data collection in relation to the specific Småforsk project, including technical administrative/research assistance and travel in connection to data collection. The funding should benefit researchers and research groups.
Requirements and criterias
• Total for each application is between NOK 15 000 and NOK 150 000, where Småforsk fund covers up to 50% for the amount applied for.
• The funding should preferably be used in 2018. However, according to the established practice funding may be used until November the following year.
• Researchers with a permanent position and post docs/assistant professors at NHH are eligible to receive funding
• The departments should use ordinary operating costs, including annum, as own funding, min 50% of the total costs.
• The applications must include a budget and argumentation for the use of project funding.
Matching funds: Departments should use ordinary operating costs, including annum, as own funding, min 50% of the total costs. External project funding should not be used as own funding. Exceptions can be made if the external actor contributes directly with funding towards the Småforsk project. Salaries or funding from NHH internal funds should not be used as own funding. It is important that Head of Department approves matching funds in the application.
Please remark: Småforsk is not intended to cover expenses related to computer equipment, materials and telephones unless it is necessary for the implementation of the project. Expenses normally covered by NHH-Funds related to e.g., conferences and stay abroad, will not be covered by Småforsk.
The application process
• Please use the enclosed application form and return it to the Department contact person electronically by email. Deadline is 1 March 2018.
• The Head of Department must approve the application.
For further information please contact the department contact person:
- Department of Accounting, Auditing and Law: Maren Dale Raknes (phone 59876)
- Department of Business and Management Science: Charlotte Rundhovde (phone 59203)
- Department of Economics: Irene Grønningsæter (phone 59586)
- Department of Finance: Olga Pushkash (phone 59629)
- Department of Professional and Intercultural Communication: Maja Dame (phone 59825)
- Department of Strategy and Management: Paal Fennell (phone 59705)