New management model at NHH
NHH is changing its management model from elected to appointed Rector and external Chair of the Board. Here is information about the processes of employing our new Rector and about our new management model.
Important dates ahead
1 August: The new rectorate and the new Board take up their positions.
14 September: The new Board's first meeting.
Autumn 2017: It will be decided if the Heads of Department will be appointed or elected
1 January 2018: New Department Heads enter their positions.
31 July 2021: The Rector's fixed-term period is over.
- NHH goes from dual management to unitary management after a historic decision by the Board in June 2016.
- Unitary management means that the Rector is the academic and administrative head of NHH.
- The appointed Rector can be recruited from NHH or from outside of NHH.
- The external Chair of the Board is appointed by the Norwegian Ministry of Education and Research.
- The Rector is appointed by the Board.
- The Rector is the Board's secretary.
- The position is for a fixed term of four years with the possibility for maximum two periods.
WORKING COMMITTEE FOR NEW MANAGEMENT MODEL
- Frøystein Gjesdal, Rector (leader)
- Nina Skage, Managing Director
- Frode Sættem, Head of Department
- Siri Pettersen Strandenes, Head of Department
- Sigrid-Lise Nonås, leader Forskerforbundet
- Embla Belsvik, student
Committe for student and academic affairs
- Iver Bragelien, Associate Professor, Department of Business and Management Science (leader)
- Jorun Gunnerud, Director of Studies
- Ragnhild Balsvik, Associate Professor, Department of Economics
- Maren Dale-Raknes, Administration Manager, Department of Accounting, Auditing and Law
- Maj-Brit Iden, the unions