Do you have a colleague who makes an extra effort in her/his teaching? Why not nominate her/him for this year's Excellence in Teaching Award? You can also nominate yourselv. Deadline is 1 July.
All staff members and current and previous students are allowed to propose candidates.
All permanent staff members at NHH having taught in the period from autumn 2016 to spring og 2019 are eligible.
Recipients of the award in the last five years are not eligible.
Send your nomination by email with a short motivation to Kjetil S. Larssen at Section for Quality of Ecucation, on 1 July at the latest.
A committee appointed by the management will consider the proposed candidates’ teaching efforts in a broad sense, and will among other aspects consider the following dimensions:
• general pedagogical ability
• clarity and communication skills
• abiltiy to create interest in the subject matter, and motivation for further exploration
• ability to present the subject matter from several angles
• innovation and development, including development of new courses
• ability to connect the material to other parts of the curriculum
• the will to cooperate on pedagogical issues and tasks
The award is normally presented every other year and consists of an artwork and NOK 35,000. The last award was presented in 2016.