NHH's language guidelines
NHH has just appointed a working group whose mandate is to consider NHH's language guidelines. The group consists of Trine Dahl (head), Jorun Gunnerud, Astri Kamsvåg, Aksel Mjøs, Jarle Møen and a master's student. Irene Waraas is the group's secretary.
NHH's strategy 2018-2021 states: "NHH shall pursue a language policy that effectively balances NHH’s social mission in Norway with its international ambitions."
In view of the objectives and priorities that follow from NHH's strategy, the working group shall
- consider NHH's current guidelines and suggest adjustments if needed (including removing or merging specific guidelines)
- consider whether further guidelines are needed and if so, propose how these may be formulated
- discuss whether it is desirable to explicitly express expectations or set requirements for permanent employees regarding acceptable competence in Norwegian after a given number of years of employment (and how this might be implemented)
- The group shall submit their considerations and suggestions to the Rector by the end of 2018.
- Then the proposal will be circulated at NHH for comments.
- A proposal for new language guidelines will be placed before the NHH Board in February 2019.
The working group
- Professor Trine Dahl, Department of Professional and Intercultural Communication (head of the group)
- Senior adviser, Jorun Gunnerud, Office of Student and Academic Affairs
- Communications adviser Astri Kamsvåg, Office of Communications and Marketing
- Associate professor Aksel Mjøs, Departement of Finance
- Professor Jarle Møen, Departement of Business and Management Science
- Gernot Doppelhofer, Department of Economics (from 25 September)
- Student representative at master's level, appointed by NHHS, Iselin Uthaug
Irene Waraas at the Section for Admissions, Office of Student and Academic Affairs, is the group's secretary.