Early-bird registration deadline 15 April!
WElcome to NHH and bergen
NHH is Norway’s leading business school and a national stronghold for LSP research and development, and we are proud to host the European Conference on Language for Specific Purposes again for the first time since 1993.
This conference has for four decades been a key venue for LSP research and an important meeting ground for researchers and practitioners from around the world. LSP2017 offers the possibility to learn about international cutting edge research within a range of topics such as domain-specific language, specialized translation, professional communication within businesses, organisations and academia, terminology and related technology, corpus studies, language policies and related socio-cultural issues.
Interdisciplinary knowledge-making: challenges for LSP research
The complexity of many of today’s societal challenges calls for new methodological approaches and research questions also within LSP/professional discourse studies. We therefore believe that an LSP conference dedicated to interdisciplinary knowledge-making is a timely undertaking.
- Kjersti Fløttum, University of Bergen, Norway The role of language in the climate change issue – a cross-disciplinary initiative
- Maria Teresa Musacchio, University of Padua, Italy Banking on text: Interdisciplinary perspectives on communication in economics and finance
- Paul Thompson, University of Birmingham, UK Viewing interdisciplinary research discourses about environmental change through corpus analysis
Areas for submissions include - but are not limited to:
- Domain-specific language use (in domains such as energy, climate change, business, law, medicine, etc.)
- Technical/specialised translation
- Professional communication
- Theoretical and methodological issues of LSP research
- LSP teaching and training
- Terminology in theory and practice
- Corpus-studies for LSP practice and research
- Multilingualism, language policies, and socio-cultural issues of LSPs
- Science communication
- Language for specific purposes in specific languages, countries or regions of the world
|31 December 2016
||Submission deadline for abstracts
|31 January 2017
||Extended deadline for workshop contributions
|15 February 2017
||Notification of acceptance
|15 April 2017
||Early-bird registration deadline
|31 May 2017