International Executive MBA in Finance and Control
Embrace the Challenge of International Financial Leadership Roles.
The International Executive MBA in Finance and Control program is tailored towards finance professionals gifted with the talent and drive to become CFO. The program targets professionals with an academic background and several years of experience in the finance function within multinational organizations. It integrates general management capabilities with the specific requirements of the business partner role, reporting role and the fiduciary role of senior finance professionals.
The program hosts an internationally diverse group of participants, coming from Multinational Corporations (MNCs) and providing an inspiring community with the potential for a ‘deep dive’ in several areas relevant for future CFO’s in MNCs. In addition to the opportunity to exchange ideas and experiences in class, this group of participants also provides a network for life.
The program is established to boost a career in finance. While many finance functions have become rather specialized, this program provides the opportunity to focus on both knowledge and skills to prepare for a role of a CFO in one of the operating companies of an MNC.
The program is designed to thoroughly prepare already highly educated and experienced professionals for a future CFO role and consequently teaches them to
- Leverage from strategy in the context of financial leadership
- Facilitate the transition from information provider to strategic business partner
- Apply new methodologies, techniques and skills in finance, control, strategy and leadership
- Evaluate and select current trends in strategic financial management
- Integrate data analytics in performance measurement and evaluation
- Negotiate, manage conflicts and communicate effectively to a variety of audiences
- Develop and apply long-term vision and strategy frameworks
- Assess and enhance personal leadership style
- Drive innovation and lead cultural change
The International Executive MBA in Finance and Control program is designed for individuals with significant professional work experience.
The program targets particularly talented professionals aiming for an international career leading to the position as a finance executive. The program is designed for future CFOs and facilitates professionals that will take up a CFO position of an operating company in a multinational organization already within a number of years.
Collaboration of Three Business Schools with Strong Focus on Finance
The program is run by a partnership of three leading institutions: Aalto University Executive Education, NHH Norwegian School of Economics, and Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam School of Business Economics. All three institutions hold an impressive track record of highly evaluated and accredited executive programs.
The program is delivered by three universities that have earned their reputations for delivering high quality financial professionals and CFOs in their respective countries. Joining forces with other internationally renowned faculties, participants have the opportunity to acquire and apply up-to-date knowledge in an MNC-setting enhancing their career towards an international CFO position.
The intensive program is offered in three locations (Amsterdam, Bergen and Helsinki). All cities have well-established airline connections to the rest of the world and are known for their rich cultural heritage as well as their international orientation.
About the programme
- ECTS Credits
- 90 ECTS
- Master of Business Administration (MBA in Finance and Control)
- The International Executive MBA in Finance and Control will start in September 2019. The closing date for applications for the program is August 9, 2019.
- The tuition fee for the International Executive MBA in Finance and Control program is € 45,000 (+ VAT, if applicable) from June 8, 2019 and onwards.
- In addition to the final application deadline, we have two Early Bird deadlines. Please note that applicants are only entitled to one Early Bird benefit.
- First Early Bird application deadline April 12, 2019.
Candidates who have applied by the first Early Bird deadline, have been accepted, and have confirmed their participation in the International Executive MBA in Finance and Control program are offered an Early Bird fee of € 43,000 (+ VAT, if applicable).
- Second Early Bird application deadline June 7, 2019.
Candidates who have applied by the second Early Bird deadline, have been accepted, and have confirmed their participation in the International Executive MBA in Finance and Control program are offered an Early Bird fee of € 44,000 (+ VAT, if applicable).
- Please note that the program fee does not include travel expenses or accommodation.
|Module 1: CFO and Finance Function|
|Module 2: Strategic Management|
|Module 3: Organizing and Managing Innovation|
|Module 4: Managing in Dynamic Business Environment|
|Module 5: Decision Making and Data Management|
|Module 6: Managing Impacts and Boundaries|
|Module 7: Data Analytics and Business Intelligence|
|Module 8: Governance, Leadership and Change Management|