REG511 Cost and Performance Measurement
The course will cover topics like:
Cost concepts and costing methods
Management Accounting Innovations
Research methods in Management Accounting
Performance measurement systems and their effect on company performance.
After completing the course, the students should be able to:
- Discuss research opportunities in management accounting
- Discuss current trends in management accounting research
- Discuss alternative research approaches typically used in management accounting research
- Explain current findings in the relationship between performance and the design and use of management accounting systems
- Discuss alternative frameworks used to understand the use of management control systems
- Develop solid argumentation and research design in management accounting
- Communicate research in both written and oral form
- Develop good research questions
Ordinary lectures / student presentations.
Normally offered in the Spring semester.
Not regularly offered - please contact the course responsible
Management accounting courses at bachelor level / courses in research method at master level.
Requirements for course approval
Pass / fail.
Compendium of articles.
- ECTS Credits
- Teaching language
Professor Trond Bjørnenak, Department of Accounting, Auditing and Law.