FIN504 Corporate Finance Theory
- Capital Structure: Modigliani and Miller
- Agency Considerations in Corporate Finance
- Corporate Governance and Control
- Optimal Security Design
- Debt Structure and Seniority
- Asymmetric Information and Signaling
- Theory of the Firm
The candidate should on successfully completing the course, be able to:
- Explain the fundamental concepts in advanced corporate finance theory
- Relate theoretical concepts in corporate finance to relevant empirical research
- explain intuitively as well as mathematically the topics covered
- effectively read and understand research papers in corporate finance theory
- understand different empirical settings used to test corporate finance theories
- expand on some of the topics to the level of developing own research ideas
Good knowledge of finance and microeconomic concepts & tools at the intermediate level.
Four written assignments during the course (1/4 each).
Grading scale A - F.
Jean Tirole (2005), The Theory of Corporate Finance
In addition, a number of articles will be assigned.
- ECTS Credits
- Teaching language
- English. All lectures and coursework (including the students own) are to be completed in English.
Autumn. Not offered autumn 2020. Will be offered autumn 2021.
Associate Professor Tore Leite and Associate Professor Francisco Santos, Department of Finance, NHH