FIN502 Corporate Finance Theory
Spring 2019Autumn 2019
- Capital Structure: Modigliani and Miller
- Agency Considerations in Corporate Finance
- Corporate Governance and Control
- Optimal Security Design
- Debt Structure and Seniority
- Asymmetric Information and Signaling
- Theory of the Firm
The candidate should on successfully completing the course, be able to:
Explain the fundamental concepts in advanced corporate finance theory
Relate theoretical concepts in corporate finance to relevant empirical research
explain intuitively as well as mathematically the topics covered
effectively read and understand research papers in corporate finance theory
expand on some of the topics to the level of developing own research ideas
Good knowledge of finance and microeconomic concepts & tools at the intermediate level.
Requirements for course approval
Three written assignments.
Three written assignments during the course (1/3 each).
Grading scale A - F.
Jean Tirole (2005), The Theory of Corporate Finance
In addition, a number of articles will be assigned.
- ECTS Credits
- Teaching language
- English. All lectures and coursework (including the students own) are to be completed in English.
Autumn, not offered autumn 2018
Tore Leite, deptartment of Finance