FIE426 Asset Management
A growing part of private savings is made in stocks, bonds and money market instruments, and is typically handled by professional asset managers, viz. pension funds, insurance companies, mutual funds, hedge funds, and banks. This course will discuss a number of important practical and theoretical issues of modern asset management.
After completing the course, the students can:
- Get an overview of the various steps in an investment process
- The strategy choice (active vs passive, strategic allocation among asset classes),
- Tactical allocation (market timing, investments styles),
- Performance evaluation (benchmarking)
- The organization of the investment process.
After completing the course, the students
- Are able to communicate what has been learned
- Are able to evaluate the investment process of the Government Pension Fund
- ECTS Credits
- Teaching language
Spring.Offered Spring 2020.