Travel advice and other information for outbound and incoming exchange students.
Updated 24 March 2020, 7.24 PM.
Outbound exchange students
Due to travel advice issued March 14, by the Norwegian Ministry of Foreign Affairs, NHH strongly advise our Norwegian students on exchange to return to Norway as soon as possible.
Outbound NHH exchange students from other nationalities are adviced to follow instructions from or return to their home country, as access to Norway is temporarily restricted.
- You should return in a calm and safe manner, and in dialogue with your travel agency or airline.
- You must contact your insurance provider with questions regarding refund and coverage of extra costs for flight tickets etc.
- For assistance on site, Norwegian citizens can contact the nearest Norwegian embassy or consulate or the Ministry of Foreign Affairs 24 hours open operational center: Read more in Norwegian or translated into English (website only in Norwegian).
- Please let NHH know if you have questions or require assistance.
Do you need housing quickly?
Sammen offers housing to returing exchange students.
Study progression for those who must return home
Most of our partner universities have already replaced regular teaching and exams with online learning and examinations; formats that allow students to continue their studies from home.
NHH will communicate with the universities from which we receive returning students, to push for such arrangements. If this is still not provided, NHH will try hard to offer alternative arrangements.
We know that many of you are in the last semester of your degree, and that you are concerned that this situation will cause delay and prevent you from graduating as planned. This is an unprecedented situation and you can rest assured that NHH, potential future employers and others will understand that this may lead to unexpected consequences.
All outbound exchange students from NHH will be given the opportunity to enroll in courses at NHH this semester. This applies to courses that NHH finds it possible to offer in the spring semester, in spite of the late start. We nonetheless encourage exchange students who have returned home to complete the studies they had started at their host institutions through online activities that are offered.
Apart from keeping its students and staff safe, NHH's primary goal is to enable all students to complete the semester and take their exams, regardless of how the situation develops.
All teaching and exams will thus be held digitally for the rest of the semester.
Incoming students are advised to follow instructions and advice from the local authorities in their home countries as well as their home institutions.
- Students who wish to return home, or are being called home are free to leave.
- Students who wish to remain in Norway are also free to do so.
We urge those who remain to keep themselves continuously updated on instructions and advice given by Norwegian authorities, and contact NHH if they have any questions or require assistance.
If you choose to go home, please be aware that all questions regarding housing must go through the channels of SAMMEN.