- “This Is Only a Test? Long-Run Impacts of Prenatal Exposure to Radioactive Downfall from Nuclear Weapon Testing” (with Sandy Black, Aline Butikofer, Paul Devereux). Submitted.
- "Disease Control and Inequality Reduction: Evidence from a Tuberculosis Testing and Vaccination Campaign" (with Aline Bütikofer). Submitted.
- “Worker Displacement and Regional Mobility”, (Coauthors: Kristiina Huttunen and Jarle Møen), under revision Journal of Labor Economics.
- "Causes and Consequences of Biased Grading in School" (with L. Andersland, S. Firpo and M. Mogstad). Work in progress.
- "Supply of Skills and Endogenous Technical Change: Evidence from a College Expansion Reform" (with Pedro Carneiro and Kai Liu). Work in progress.
- "Education, Income Dynamics, and Life-Cycle Inequality" (with M. Mogstad and K. Liu). Work in progress.
- "Long Term Consequences of Access to Well-child Visits" (with Aline Bütikofer and Katrine Vellesen Løken). Work in progress.
- "Education, Work and Crime: A Life-Cycle Perspective" (with Manudeep Bhuller and Magne Mogstad). Work in progress.
- “Intergenerational Transmission, Human Capital Formation and the Timing of Parental Income” (with Emma Tominey, Italo Lopez-Garcia, and Pedro Carneiro). Work in progress.
- "Family Income Shocks and Adolescent Human Capital" (with Emma Tominey and Pedro Carneiro). Work in progress.
- “A Flying Start? Maternity Leave Benefits and Long Run Outcomes of Children” (with Katrine Løken and Pedro Carneiro),IZA DP No. 5793. Journal of Political Economy, 123 (2) 2015 365-412.
- "Does grief transfer across generations? In-utero deaths and child outcomes" (with Sandra Black and Paul J. Devereux). NBER Working Paper 19979. Forthcoming American Economic Journal: Applied Economics.
- "Life cycle earnings, Education premiums and Internal rates of return" (with Manudeep Bhuller and Magne Mogstad). NBER Working Paper 20250. Submitted. Forthcoming Journal of Labor Economics.
- “Good Skills in Bad Times: Cyclical Skill Mismatch and the Long-Term Effects of Graduating in a Recession» (with Kai Liu and Erik Ø. Sørensen). Forthcoming European Economic Review.
- “Willingness to Compete: Family Matters “(with Ingvild Almås, Alexander W. Cappelen , Erik Ø. Sørensen and Bertil Tungodden). NHH Discussion Paper 3/2014. Forthcoming Management Science.
- "Made in China, sold in Norway: Local labor market effects of an import shock" (with Ragnhild Balsvik and Sissel Jensen). IZA DP. Journal of Public Economics, 127 (2015) 137-144.
- “Losing Heart? The Effect of Job Displacement on Health" (with Sandy Black and Paul Devereux). Industrial Labor Relations Review, 68(4), 2015, 833-861.
- "The Evolution of Social Mobility. Norway over the 20th Century" (with Tuomas Pekkarinen and Matti Sarvimäki). Forthcoming The Scandinavian Journal of Economics.
- “Valuing School Quality via a School Choice Reform” (with Stephen Machin). Forthcoming The Scandinavian Journal of Economics.
- "Care or Cash? The Effect of Child Care Subsidies on Student Performance (with Sandra Black, Paul Devereux, and Katrine Løken). IZA DP 6541. The Review of Economics and Statistics, 96 (5) 2014, 824-837.
- “Under pressure? The effect of Peers on Outcomes of Young Adults” (with S. Black and P. Devereux). NBER Working paper 16004. Journal of Labor Economics, 31 (1) 2013, 119-153.
- “Priceless: The Nonpecuniary Benefits of Schooling” (with Phil Oreopoulos), The Journal of Economic Persepctive, Winter 2011.
- “How Destructive is Creative Destruction? Effects of Job Loss on mobility, withdrawal and Income”, (Coauthors: K. Huttunen and J. Møen). Journal of the European Economic Association, 2011, 9 (5), 840 - 870.
- “Education and mobility (with S. Machin and P. Pelkonen), IZA working paper 3845. Journal of the European Economic Association, 2011, 10 (2), 417-50.
"Education and family background: Mechanisms and policies" (with A. Björklund), Handbook in Economics of Education, 2010, 201-247.
“Pennies from heaven. Using exogenous tax variation to identify effects of school resources on pupil achievement”, (with O. Raaum and T. Hægeland). IZA Discussion Paper 3561
. Economics of Education Review
“Too Young to leave the nest? The effects of School starting age” (with S. Black and P. Devereux), Review of Economics and Statistics, 2011, 93(2), 455-467.
- "Measuring Heterogeneity in the Returns to Education in Norway Using An Educational Reform" (with A. Aakvik and K. Vaage). The European Economic Review 54(4), 2010, 483-500.
“The more the smarter? Family size and IQ”, (with S. Black and P. Devereux), NBER working paper no. Journal of Human Resources, 45 (1), 2010, 33-58.
“Staying in the Classroom and Out of Maternity Ward? The Effect of Compulsory Schooling Laws on Teenage Births” (Coauthors: S. Black and P. Devereux). NBER Working Paper No. w10911. Economic Journal
. 118 (2008), 1025-1054.
- “From the Cradle to the Job Market? The Effect of Birth Weight on Adult Outcomes of Children” (Coauthors: S. Black and P. Devereux). The Quarterly Journal of Economics, 122 (1) 2007, 409-439.
“The neighbourhood is not what it used to be." (Coauthors: O. Raaum and E.Ø. Sørensen), IZA discussion paper no. 921. Economic Journal, 116 (2006), 200-222.
- “The more the merrier? The effect of family composition on children’s outcomes” (with S. Black and P. Devereux), NBER Working Paper No. w10720. The Quarterly Journal of Economics, 120 (2) 2005, 669-700.
"Why the Apple doesn’t fall far: Understanding Intergenerational Transmission of Human Capital”, (with S. Black and P. Devereux). NBER working paper no 10066. The American Economic Review
, 95 (1) 2005, 437-449.