Department of Economics
Welcome to the Department of Economics at NHH - a distinguished and thriving environment for research and study. This site aims to be a comprehensive resource for researchers, staff, current and prospective students.
- Latest publications: Erling Steigum and Øystein Thøgersen:
"A crisis not wasted. Institutional and structural reforms behind Norway's strong macroeconomic performance", Ch. 10 in Reform capacity and macroeconomic performance in the Nordic countries, ed. T.M. Andersen, M. Bergman and S.E.H. Jensen, Oxford University Press, 2015, 246-273
- Espen Bratberg, Øivind Anti Nilsen, and Kjell Vaage:
"Assessing the intergenerational correlation in disability pension recipiency, Oxford Economic Papers, 67 (2), 2015, 205-226.
- Pedro Carneiro, Katrine V. Løken, and Kjell G. Salvanes:
"A Flying Start? Maternity Leave Benefits and Long-Run Outcomes of Children", Journal of Political Economy, 123 (2), 2015, 365-412.
- Latest Discussion Papers: Bjørn L. Basberg:
"Keynes, Trouton and the Hector Whaling Company. A personal and professional relationship", 8/2015
- Jari Ojala and Stig Tenold:
"Sharing Mare Nostrum: An analysis of Mediterranean maritime history articles in English-language journals", 7/2015
- Liam Brunt and Edmund Cannon:
"Variations in the price and quality of English grain, 1750-1914: quantitative evidence and empirical implications", 6/2015
- Latest PhD dissertation: Morten Sæthre: "On Input Markets and Incentives: Essays in Empirical Industrial Organization", 16.1.15